Another traditional recipe that I LOVE. It’s easy and so yummy, I learned this one from my grandmother, I use to watch her in the kitchen while she cooked away. I can’t wait to put them all out for you guys. Let me know how yours turns out.
You will need :
- 6 eggplants ( I use aubergines )
- 1 pound of ground beef ( grass-fed / grass-finished )
- 6 organic tomatoes ( Peel the skin of 4 of them and finely diced, and slice the one left for later)
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes paste
- 1 anahiem pepper chopped 3 whole
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ italian parsley ( finely chopped )
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
Using a small knife, peel each eggplant length ways, in striped fashion.
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the eggplants over high heat for 5 minutes, until evenly browned all over, turning them regularly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Heat your non-stick pan use a table spoon olive oil add chopped onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, and the anaheim peppers and cook them until golden, add the beef and cook them until they are all mixed then add the tomatoes and the tomato paste and the chicken stock, and cook it for 5 min.
Place the eggplants on a baking tray, cut side up. Spoon the meat filling into the belly of each eggplant, then add parsley, place the anaheim peppers on top with sliced tomatoes. Pour ½ cup of hot water over the eggplants, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until the eggplants are tender.