CARROT SOUP dairy/gluten free
How I love this carrot soup, specially when it gets cooler outside, I really enjoy simple soups. Kids absolutely love it too.
This dairy free, gluten free carrot soup recipe is courtesy of Meaningful Eats
- 6-8 large carrots, chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 piece ginger, an inch long, peeled
- 3 sprigs thyme
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss the chopped carrots with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, about 1/2 teaspoon each. Roast the carrots for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the stock, ginger, and thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for about 20 minutes, until the carrots are done roasting.
- Add the roasted carrots to the broth and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Remove the ginger and thyme sprigs. Puree the soup with an immersion or standard blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.